and developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
The Pride of Kaohsiung City
I-Shou University (ISU) is situated in the Guanyin Mountain area of northeastern Kaohsiung, southern part of Taiwan. ISU was founded by Mr. I-Shou Lin to commemorate his mother as well as to benefit the villages and towns where he started his business. The University starts to recruit students in 1990.
Today, with its continuous development, ISU has 8 colleges, 42 departments and programs, 15 master’s programs, and 7 doctoral programs. Moreover, the Division of Continuing Education offers various undergraduate programs, in-service master’s programs and two-year in-service programs.
The University has approximately 15,000 students and 534 full-time faculty members, 90% of whom possess doctoral degree, making it a young and promising institution of higher education with great potential.
E-United Group, to which ISU is affiliated, conducts business in the sectors of manufacturing, medical services, education, as well as real estate & leisure development. In addition to Yieh Phui Enterprise Co., Ltd. And Yieh United Steel Corporation, E-United Group also owns Yieh Phui Polyester Pre-Painted Steel Sheets Company, E-DA Hospital, Eliter lnternational Corp., and E-DA Royal Hotel Kaohsiung E-DA World.
With the generous financial support from E-United Group, the University has equipment and facilities that are unparalleled among other universities in Taiwan. Also, the University is one of the few comprehensive universities that integrate theory into practice and is cognizant of and responsive to the needs of industries.
- Excellent Teaching
- Featured Research
- Excellent Service
- International Connections
- To establish learning arenas and multi-dimensional models that provide top-notch higher education to solidify students’ character buildups and professional capabilities.
- To deliver featured teaching and specialized research of academia with industries and communities, thereby promoting a platform for applying and sharing knowledge.
- To enhance international cooperation and exchanges to help enlarge all ISU members’ worldviews and concerns for global issues.
- To build a professional, respectful and ethical environment that facilitates ISU members’ intellectual and life attainments while consolidating services and contributions to society in general.
I-Shou University aims to be an international comprehensive university that champions Intellectual innovation, Social engagement, and Universal sustainability.
Nurturing students to become pragmatic and innovative professionals who have good manners, behave with integrity, and always show their dynamism.